Sergeants, 6th Infantry Regiment, 1909.
Two sergeants and a quartermaster sergeant (on the left), armed with pistols. The hat insignia identifies them as belonging to Company E. The back of the photograph names the men. In pencil is written "Dawson, N.D." which is a tiny town in North Dakota. In 1909, the regiment was divided between forts Missoula and William H. Harrison in Montana , and Fort Lincoln in North Dakota.
Page by Mark Conrad, 2011.